Monday, December 1, 2008

World AIDS Day

I will write an entry about World AIDS Day after my presentation at Fairfield University this Wednesday. Details of the event can be found here on the University’s website. The Wednesday night keynote will be part of the University's AIDS Awareness Week. I will be sharing from my experiences abroad and focusing on the messages and tangible stories of hope in Rwanda. It is open to the public.

I have accepted an invitation to be on the David Smith radio show. It can be heard via the internet on this website < www.wicc600.com > or on AM600 if you are in the Connecticut area. It will be on Wednesday from 1:30pm to 2pm.

A very well written and insightful article commemorating the 20th anniversary of World AIDS Day can be viewed on CNN.com. It is titled "Much Done: Much to Do" and is by Dr. Anthony S Fauci – Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health. It highlights the significant advances that have been made over this time but calls attention to the continuing struggle.

World AIDS Day is a time to remember, to reflect, and to pray. I hope you will join me in this day's calling.


After Note:

I have produced an educational and motivational DVD documenting stories of hope meant to inspire and challenge. The DVD is mostly comprised of my photos from each location and stories of individuals and organizations I have met along the way. Donate $20 or over to the Emily C Specchio Foundation, email me your address , and I will mail you a copy of the DVD. Donation is tax deductible less amount DVD cost to produce. These funds will support my work and the launch of a 2nd project called "Attention, Advocacy, and Action".

No comments: